Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 12:10 AM
Company Name:JD Homes
Compensation$25 to $35 Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
• Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
• Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
• Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
• Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
• Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
• Assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
• Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
• Build scaffolding and other construction structures
• Proven experience as carpenter
• Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
• Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
• Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
• Ability to read technical documents and drawings
• Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
• Good knowledge of English
• Good understanding of basic math
• Good physical condition and endurance
• High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
This position will provide you with a fun and flexible work environment. You will be able to use your skills and creativity to solve problems and be constantly challenged with the ever changing character of the work at hand.
Experience with the other home building trades is not a requirement, but will be considered.
This job has great growth potential for the right person and will provide the opportunity to mold the job to your best abilities and to grow in responsibilities as the company grows.
Earning potential has no cap.
If you believe you are the right person for this job, please prepare a simple resume and call this number : (831) 204-7707
Company address: P.O. Box 543 Ben Lomond, CA 95005
• Location: Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
• Post ID: 80250028 santacruz